We are actively recruiting for a STAFF ACCOUNTANT responsible for maintaining and controlling assigned General Ledger accounts and business transactions, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), analytical work and thorough review of financial records. This position will also participate in Financial Planning and Analysis in support of periodic business forecasts and the annual business planning process.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant
- Perform day-to-day, monthly, and year-end operations in support of the Accounting Department.
- Execute assigned month end close processes including recording of cash transactions, prepaid expenses, other assets, and liabilities.
- Maintain fixed asset system and CIP project detailed information, including ensuring the corporate Capital Expenditure policy is followed.
- Work directly with Purchasing and Plant management analyzing and reporting inventory, including monitoring, and managing physical inventory processes and determination of proper adjustments to inventory records and disposition of inventory.
- Perform general account analysis and reconciliations.
- Assist Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, including full understanding of roles to act as backup as necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, financial reporting, and bank borrowing base calculations.
- Prepare periodic business forecasts and participate in the annual business planning process.
- Support periodic audits and other special projects as necessary.
Requirement of the Staff Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing accounting experience with an emphasis on general accounting and accounts payable
- Knowledge of Epicor ERP system is a major plus
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial information
- Effective organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work overtime when required
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.