As a member of the Internal Audit team, the individual will be involved in performing financial, operational, and compliance audit engagements. Audit work will include the review of SOX business controls and financial statements to support the work of our external auditors, for both the financial statements and audit of internal controls. The individual will work under limited supervision from the Internal Audit Manager with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment. The individual will assist the team by providing objective evaluations, process improvement solutions, effective communication, and guidance in recommending effective internal control standards.
- Identifies and evaluates the company’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual audit plan. Work with management to identify and evaluate risks and controls for business units and processes.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing, and analyzing evidence and documenting client processes and procedures. Conduct interviews, review documents, develop and administer surveys. Compose summary memos and prepare working papers.
- Identifies, develops and documents audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Communicate or assist in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management and be a representative of internal audit with various organizational project teams, at management meetings and with external organizations.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships throughout the company through individual contacts and meeting.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to internal audit staff and interns in conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Represent internal audit function on various organizational project teams.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of experience in auditing and SOX compliance
- CPA or CIA highly preferred