Salary Mid-Point: $90,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
The Senior Analyst Internal Controls is a high profile role within the organization as it operates in a cross functional capacity and will take on several ad hoc projects. You will be responsible for defining and implementing a leading practice internal control environment and driving a control conscious and compliant organization. Responsibilities:
- Support the full management of internal controls over financial reporting cycle.
- Support the controls remediation program with efficient and effective tracking and reporting of deficiencies through remediation and Internal Audit testing / monitoring.
- Perform self-testing and continuous controls monitoring to help accounting teams mature control operation. This includes coaching, mentoring and training of accounting personnel.
- Assure leading practice internal control over financial reporting (i.e. automated, preventive, continuous controls monitoring environment).
- Maintain a continuous improvement culture/posture including establishing methodologies, prioritization, etc.
- Work on special projects.
- Develop process flow diagrams and risk-control matrices.
- Assist management with remediation plan development, execution and support for control owners. .
- Participate in Internal Audit process walkthroughs.
- Build a deep understanding of future-state processes and internal controls.
- Assist in the remediation of matters for the SOX systems.
- Communicate/coordinate with Internal Audit and External Audit to determine the level of expectation for remediation.
- Identify resource constraints, lack of expertise and lack of remediation priority.
- Identify and share best practices.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Bachelor degree in business related field required