Pay Rate: $0
Location: Vancouver BC
Job Type: Contract
Location: Vancouver, BC
Duration: ASAP - June 30, 2022
IFG is on the search for a Character Rigger to support our client’s team. Our client is a global trillion dollar tech company, at the forefront of cutting edge technology.
In this position, you will be expected to help create visually stunning scenes. You will also be expected to play a role in solving technical problems through collaboration with Art and Engineering.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Art, Cinematic and Technical Art teams to create industry leading visuals across a variety of environments
- Craft compelling lighting which supports story, art direction and gameplay objectives
- Translate conceptual illustrations into outstanding real-time lighting visuals
- Work with Art and Technical Art teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- Be proactive about seeking feedback and communication with the Art Directors, Lighting Lead, Cinematic Director and other relevant departments
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of lighting, composition, and color
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 or 5, Frostbite, Snowdrop or other similar game engines is preferred
- Good knowledge of real-time lighting principals (dynamic lighting, sub surface scattering, HDR, SSAO, SSGI, physically based rendering), atmospherics, and post processing
- Thorough understanding of how light, shadow and color create tone and mood.
- Exceptional grasp for compositional storytelling and cinematography.
- Background in real world photography, cinematography and lighting a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively – bring new ideas, build upon the ideas of others, give and receive feedback to generate strong results
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lighting Artist” in the subject line.