IFG is actively recruiting a STAFF ACCOUNTANT responsible for managing all accounts payable and receivable transactions. Additionally, the staff Account will perform general ledger work to include journal entries, reconciliation, and assisting with the close process.
Responsibilities of the STAFF ACCOUNTANT
- Responsible for general ledger management, journal entries and perform close functions.
- Responsible for entering all A/P invoices, maintaining vendor contact information for A/P, review Open A/P and communicate issues to leadership.
- Preparing annual 1099’s and 1096 tax forms.
- Enter all sales invoices into A/R, review Open A/R and communicate issues to leadership.
- Responsible for sending out Customer Statements monthly.
- Provide support in reconciling credit card transactions.
- Responsible for daily bank feeds and research and reconcile all discrepancies.
- Prepare account reconciliations in a timely fashion.
- Provide support for annual audit and tax reviews.
- Follow internal controls and adhere to all GAAP Standards.
- Perform financial and profitability analysis on a requested basis.
Requirements of the STAFF ACCOUNTANT
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a closely related field
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in an accounting department
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, as position requires communication with customers and vendors
- Strong information technology skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks is a major plus
- Attention to detail and accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies, procedures and instructions set forth by Leadership
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and department teams
- Ability to function as a team player
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.