Salary Mid-Point: $175,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Ranked as one Fortune's list of "Most Admired Companies," IFG's client has an immediate need for a skilled financial services expert to lead their accounting and finance function. This opportunity has high visibility throughout the organization. This is a blended role and the Senior Manager will act as a business partner for the operations team, with a focus on driving process improvements, implementing best practices and providing financial information to key stakeholders to assist in making business decisions. The Senior Manager also leads the budget and forecasting process, including the communication of results to leadership of both the parent company and a subsidiary.
Manages an accounting team of two employees and supports an operational team.
- Work collaboratively with operations to identify and drive process improvements, resolve business challenges, evaluate and report on profitability of product offerings, drive harmonization of IT systems
- Provide other financial information to key stakeholders to assist in making business decisions.
- Own and drive the budgeting and forecasting process, including the communication of results.
- Lead day to day accounting, including the establishment of accounting policy and procedure where required.
- Review and approve financial statements and supporting schedules for management reporting.
- Research and apply technical accounting guidance for unique business transactions.
- Own and manage the internal and external audit process.
- Ensure consistency in application of accounting practices, including the implementation and ongoing management of CECL for the global management team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- 10+ years of accounting experience.
- Experience in the financial services industry required, manufacturing exposure is a plus.
- Experience performing accounting research and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- 5 years of Management experience.