Pay Rate: $0
Location: Vancouver BC
Job Type: Contract
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated VFX Artist with experience in managing External Partners to support a client in Vancouver; a global IT giant in their gaming department.
The VFX Artist is responsible for creating and implementing high-end real-time visual effects into a game using Unreal Engine. They will collaborate with several members of the team, such as artists, engineers and designers, to craft state-of-the-art work in that helps bring players to the client's platform.
- Craft a variety of visual effects for our games in the Unreal Engine
- Translate reference images, videos and 2D concept artwork, as well as written and verbal communication, into real-time effects
- Iterate on VFX to meet necessary performance, gameplay and artistic expectations
- Collaborate with a team of VFX artists and contacts from disciplines across the team such as Production, Design and Programming
- 2+ years of experience in video games (preferred) or related field such as film or television
- Art-related degree or comparable professional experience, and experience creating 2D and 3D digital art
- Understanding of real time VFX techniques and Unreal Engine basics
- Ability to organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience creating VFX shaders, particle systems, physics assets and simulations
- Successful collaborations with people in other disciplines such as Design, Programming and Narrative
- Desire to push the real-time VFX industry into the future
For consideration, please email your resume to Gamingtalent@ifgpr.com with “VFX Artist” in the subject line.