Location: Vancouver, BC
Role: Contract Position
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Blendshape Artist with experience in managing External Partners to support a client in Vancouver; a global IT giant in their gaming department.
In this position, you will be expected to help deliver high quality facial and body deformation for characters and creature assets. You will also be expected to help develop technical best practices for the development of our character muscle deformation system tools and pipelines.
- Adhere to the Character Modeling quality bar set by the Art Director and Lead Character Artist on the blendshapes and body deformation.
- Actively accepts feedback from the Technical Animation Director and Lead Character Artist.
- Work with the Animators and Riggers to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of facial deformation and body deformation.
- Collaborate with Lead Character Artist and technical teams to develop character and creature blendshapes procedures & pipelines.
- Works towards established production deadlines.
- The individual will also be working with artists (wireframes, mocks) and cross discipline teams involved.
- The Artist will help us create high quality facial and body deformation for characters and creature assets.
- Must have 2-4+ years of experience in film/television or video games and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Strong VFX industry experience is acceptable, game experience is not required.
- Strong demonstrated understanding of facial anatomy and creating blend shapes for facial expressions using FACS
- Experience and/or education in sculpting and drawing realistic organic forms with an emphasis on human, biped and quadruped shapes. Excellent anatomical understanding.
- Experience working on creatures, topology, and blend shapes.
- Expert in Maya a must and Zbrush and/or Mudbox
- Experience with Unreal Engine a plus.
- Experience with skeleton/rig creation a big plus.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Must have strong experience creating facial expressions, body/muscle deformation, FACS blendshapes, animal muscle deformation, creature deformation.
For consideration, please email your resume to Sanjana@ifgpr.com with “Blendshape Artist” in the subject line.