IFG's client is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist who is ready to step in and help a rapidly growing company get to the next level. The ideal applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and multitask and be a strong communicator as he or she will frequently deal with vendors and work closely with all areas of the company.
- Review and accurately enter vendor invoices into our ERP system daily. Ensure proper approvals are received and entered using the appropriate general ledger accounts and posting period.
- Verify all invoices are paid within vendor payment terms.
- Reconcile vendor statements against ERP system monthly. Contact vendors for missing invoices as required.
- Set up new vendors in our ERP system and ensure proper onboarding paperwork (i.e., W-9, banking information etc.) and approvals are received prior to set up per company policy.
- Assist in the monthly accrual process for expenses working with the accounting team to ensure completeness.
- Maintain fixed assets and associated depreciation schedules.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Help prepare IRS Form 1099s for all appropriate vendors at year end.
- Assist with audit requests as needed.
- Assist in enhancements of ERP system when required.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 4 year degree in Accounting/Business or related field preferred.
- Two to four years of accounting experience in an office environment.
- Experience accessing and utilizing ERP financial software applications, Microsoft GP Dynamics preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Self- motivated, time efficient and proactive with ability to work under minimum supervision.