Our client, a Tier 1 bank, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team on a 3 month contract. The Senior Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for participating in our monthly and quarterly close processes as well as assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and related disclosures.
• Assistance with the monthly and quarterly close process including preparation or review of journal entries
• Assessment of financial statement estimates and assumptions including but not limited to estimates and assumptions relating to insurance loss reserves, share-based compensation, and employee defined benefit plans
• Preparation and review of account reconciliations
• Preparation of monthly consolidation and other monthly reporting templates
• Preparation and reconciliation of Payroll and Share Based Compensation accruals
• Assistance with IFRS financial statement preparation including responsibility for certain quarterly and annual disclosures for the financial statements and MD&A
• Review and analysis of reconciliations of information between the investment general ledger, investment source systems and external parties
• Preparation of quarterly reporting template for the parent company
• Technical research and analysis in respect of new transactions and changes in accounting standards
• Annual technical analyses including the goodwill impairment assessment
• University degree
• CPA designation or in progress
To apply for the role, please send your resume to Mitchell Huynh, B.Sc., B.Comm., M.B.A., firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your resume, only those deemed suitable will be contacted.