Title: Category Marketing Manager
Contract: ASAP to June 30th 2022 with potential for extension
IFG is on the search for a Category Marketing Manager to support a client; a global IT giant on their digital store
The mission of our clients Digital Store is to profitably showcase technology and illuminate their innovation story, by transforming the buying and ownership experience for devices, software and services in a mobile first, cloud first world. As they grow their Digital Store business in Canada, we are looking for a high-energy product marketing manager to drive the store’s expansion our key markets.
Your role as the Category Marketing Manager is to develop and deliver the category strategies that drive online sales in Canada. You will also be responsible for driving the business against targets, helping to support strong partnerships with Business Group (BGs) counterparts, developing deep business and customer insights and sharing best practices; all to help define and execute category marketing plans. The position requires a self-starter who can proactively work within an ambiguous environment demonstrating problem solving skills and the ability to effectively communicate with varied audiences.
Support Digital Store Lead for Canada
- Help define the sales and marketing plans across various Direct Channel properties.
- Review and manage business performance against unit, revenue and contribution margin targets through weekly business review updates.
- Align with BGs and Consumer Devices Groups to ensure the Store campaigns, offers, product roadmap, etc. is consistent across online and offline experiences in the subsidiary.
- Partner with the BG to develop new category opportunities, launch pilot programs and refine our offers and sales scenarios.
- Partner with the Buying team to ensure Product Roadmaps and allocations are aligned.
- Consolidate and document learning and best practices throughout the fiscal year and share accordingly.
- Coordinate activities with regional and HQ Store digital teams.
Help drive business and customer Insights
- Develop deep business and customer insights based on triangulation of data across our sales and marketing touch-points, Web reporting data and end-customer research.
- Communicate insights to key stakeholders of the team (Online & Retail), including the Demand Generation team, Merchandising team, Marketing team as well as BG counterparts.
- Support the partnership with BG stakeholders on business intelligence and consumer insights needs to help influence product and promotion roadmap.
As the leader for this key area of our business, you will be measured by how well you drive revenue across the product offerings, improve customer satisfaction as well as show clear alignment with Retail Store counterparts and BG partners.
What you bring to the role:
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills in English – French is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience - Proven thought leadership and results leading marketing and/or sales for consumer and small business products and services over the past 2-3+ years.
- An understanding or desire to learn digital & ecommerce marketing for multiple product categories, with the ability to translate marketing needs into program execution & online analytics experience.
- A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, stakeholders and execution partners with demonstrated exceptional cross group skills
- An ability to manage relationships with subsidiary peers to leverage campaign activities as appropriate from other subs, as well as drive global integration and adoption of marketing guidance.
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is passionate about building businesses within a fast-paced environment, while changing the way customers perceive our brand and our products
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with experience in project management strongly preferred.
- A character that exemplifies values including integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, continual self-improvement, and mutual respect
For consideration, please email your resume to Talent@ifgpr.com with "Category Marketing Manager" in the subject line.