IFG is recruiting for an ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR responsible for coordinating routine accounts payable calculations, posting business transactions, processing invoices, and verifying financial data for use in maintaining accounts payable. The role clarifies any questionable invoice items, prices, or receiving signatures and obtains proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments.
Responsibilities of the ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR
- Facilitate the process of receiving pending accounts to be paid.
- Verify accuracy of invoices prior to payment including verifying coding to assure proper cost allocation, totaling the charges to confirm amount is correct and that authorization for payment is on the invoice, and verifying that payment has not previously been made.
- Monitor status of statement billings to ensure timely payment requests from Departments.
- Provide accurate data entry of all invoices into general ledger to assure payment in a timely manner to avoid late charges and effect on time discount.
- Balance and reconcile all accounts payable disbursements each month and post to the general ledger.
- Maintain and secure records necessary for 1099 compliance.
- Monitor accounts to ensure that payments are up to date and follow up to obtain credits and/or refunds.
- Monitor and initiate approval process for new vendors and maintain and update the vendor file with changes in addresses, phone numbers and tax identification numbers.
Requirements of the ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR
- 2+ years accounts payable and general accounting experience
- Proficient in Excel with aptitude for learning new software programs
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with vendors, management, co-workers, and clients
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Discretion and trustworthiness due to frequent contact with confidential material.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Very effective organizational skills and detailed written communications skills
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
IFG is a specialized firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax recruiting and staffing since 2005. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as, staffing for the execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional staffing challenges. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the professionals we partner with and the specific needs and requirements of our clients who have trusted us with their human capital recruiting.