IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
The INDIRECT TAX ANALYST will assume responsibility for all non-income tax compliance and filings. Additionally, this role will serve as the point person for all indirect tax audits.
Responsibilities of the INDIRECT TAX ANALYST
- Responsible for all indirect tax compliance to include Sales and Local Use Tax, Personal Property, Unclaimed Property, Franchise, Local Excise, and Business Gross Receipts
- Prepare supporting documentation for all tax returns and reconciliations
- Provide audit support for all government audits related to Sales and Use, Property, Unclaimed Property, etc.
- Respond to information requests for federal and state income tax audits
- Assist in identifying and developing state and local tax planning opportunities, as well as monitoring legislative and regulatory developments
Requirements of the INDIRECT TAX ANALYST
- Bachelor's degree preferred with concentration in accounting
- CPA a plus
- 3+ years relevant indirect tax experience
- A solid understanding of current US State/Municipal tax laws
- Must have significant experience preparing and filing indirect tax returns, as well as relevant experience managing governmental indirect tax audits
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.