IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
The ACCOUNTING MANAGER is responsible for the general accounting, financial reporting, and analysis tasks necessary to ensure the cost and general accounting transactions are accurate.
Responsibilities of the ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Responsible for monthly closing process in a manufacturing setting.
- Manage standard costing system and tracking of inventory and cost variances.
- Manage AP functions including posting of vendor invoices into accounting system and preparing vendor payments.
- Complete AR duties including Invoicing, applying customer payments, and past due collections
- Prepare journal entries, reconcile and balance general ledger accounts, research and correct posting discrepancies.
- Assist in the completion of various accounting and finance ad hoc projects as requested by management.
- Coordinate physical inventory and/or cycle counts.
- Manage Fixed Assets.
- Provide payroll support.
- Assist with annual external audit.
Requirements of the ACCOUNTING MANAGER
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or similar field
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a small to medium sized manufacturing company
- Understanding and experience in inventory and cost accounting activities
- Knowledge and experience in monthly closings, fixed assets, and other aspects of the monthly accounting cycle.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Experience working with ERP package
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.