Salary Mid-Point: $72,500
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
IFG's client in Chicago is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team.
- Provides timely, actionable, and accurate financial reporting and analysis.
- Completes monthly close activities, ensuring financial statements are accurately and appropriately stated.
- Assists in preparing quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepares and books monthly account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Reviews and tracks Real Property Tax payments and accruals.
- Reviews credit card transactions processed by the Accounts Payable Team.
- Reviews processed invoices and prints checks.
- Onboard and close newly acquired clinics.
- Assists in the due diligence process for prospect clinics, reviewing financials and preparing cash flow forecasting.
- Prepares Purchase Accounting Memos for each clinic acquisition.
- Finalizes post-close reconciliations for newly acquired clinics.
- Oversees the Big Vendor Process to ensure accurate and timely payments.
- Oversees the completion of all sales tax returns on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis.
- Reviews fixed asset schedules.
- Assists with year-end financial audits.
- Assists in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Assists in the preparation of the tax workpapers.
- Assists in onboarding new employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- 2-3 years of Accounting or Finance experience, preferably in Public Accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required; Master’s degree is plus
- CPA is a plus
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel