IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
The SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT responsible for preparing quarterly and annual SEC filings and assists with the monthly accounting close process for distribution of financial results to executive management.
Responsibilities of the SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
- Development, review, and distribution of SEC quarterly and annual filings, as well other standalone subsidiary reporting requirements
- Analyzes results to ensure accurate monthly reporting to management team
- Reconciles general ledger accounts
- Ability to research and apply accounting guidance through recommendations
- Participate and manage special projects as assigned, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, process changes, technical accounting research, etc.
- Analyzes budgets/capital budgets and assists with preparing periodic financial forecasts.
- Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley testing and proposes control enhancement to improve processes
Requirements of the SENIOR FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a closely related field
- CPA or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- At least five (5) years of related accounting and/or financial analysis experience
- Ability to perform accounting research and effectively communicate results of research through strong verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in analyzing data to identify and solve problems/issues
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong financial reporting capabilities
- Ability to use various software such as Oracle, Oracle FCCS, Oracle Reporting & Disclosure, Smartview.
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.