Title: Bilingual Event Manager
Location: Montreal OR Remote across Canada
Duration: 18 month contract
IFG is looking for a Bilingual Event Manager to support a client; a global IT company.
About the role
As a Bi-lingual Event Manager, you will be responsible for developing relationships within the Montreal and global community and highlighting our client’s thought leadership in the space. This is a high paced and high energy and fun culture/role, and this person will meet a ton of people and will be able to work with this close-knit team, so someone that enjoys dynamic and not doing the same thing every day will thrive in this environment!
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams to plan content based on upcoming research outcomes, event participation and other activities.
- Plan, organize and attend events in the Canadian region. Work with the team to arrange meet-ups, social events and workshops for conferences.
- Relationship Building: Identify, nurture and strengthen relationships to secure opportunities for our client to be showcased through keynote speaking, presentations, panel participation, special projects and other initiatives.
- Thought leadership: Securing opportunities for team members to publish guest blog posts, editorials and take part in features, interviews and events.
- Manage social channels including Twitter, Linkedin and the blog, ensuring a steady cadence of high quality content is shared throughout the year and around key events.
- 3-5+ years of in person Events PM experience and digital event management experience/understanding/knowledge
- Needs to be a great team player that’s always willing to support other people and help with their work as well with a team mentality
- Proactive entrepreneurial approach: Demonstrated experience in defining, planning and executing successful campaigns and projects involving different teams and groups.
- Strong people skills: Proven experience in building and strengthening relationships with different groups and stakeholders both internally and externally through personal interaction and through digital means for stakeholders in other locations.
- Events management: Experience in planning and managing events including organizing venues, securing speakers and participants, working with sponsors and partners as well as coordination and promotion of the event.
- Team player: Our success depends on our ability to mobilize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals
- An existing network within Montreal, including academic institutions, government representatives and teams as well as the business community.
- Communications or Marketing backgrounds are nice to have.
- Fluency in French and English is an asset.
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Bilingual Event Manager” in the subject.