IFG's client recently went through the IPO process and it is time to find the right people to keep the department moving forward. This can be a Senior Manager or Manager position based on the experience level of the right technical and culture match.
The Manager/Senior Manager – External Reporting and Technical Accounting will manage the preparation of the Weber Inc. consolidated financial statements and related footnote disclosure for inclusion in the Company’s quarterly and annual SEC filings. This role will ensure that all new accounting and reporting standards are appropriately adopted and ensure that new and unusual transactions are recorded in compliance with US GAAP. The Manager/Senior Manager – External Reporting and Technical Accounting will serve as the primary contact for technical review of leases in accordance with ASC 842, Leases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the preparation and review of all financial SEC filing requirements, including Form 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, and review of XBRL tagging as appropriate, within the Company’s external reporting platform.
- Directs the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial statements, including consolidated balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements. Review consolidation and elimination adjustments, as needed.
- Owns the preparation of the quarterly global consolidated financial statement package, including fluctuation analysis over the income statement, balance and statement of cash flows and other supporting schedules.
- Researches all new accounting and reporting policies and determines if new pronouncements. Documents the Company’s treatment and adoption of new policies and communicates all relevant policies to the senior accounting leadership group.
- Provides guidance and expertise to the organization on accounting and controllership issues. Reviews new and unusual transactions to ensure that they are recorded in compliance with US GAAP. Proactively provides guidance to business leads to ensure that all accounting impacts are considered in transactions including the documentation of accounting treatment in whitepapers and technical memorandum.
- Serves as the primary contact for technical review of leases, in accordance with ASC 842, Leases, criteria. Will participate in the global implementation of a lease accounting software and design of new global processes. Ownership over the required Lease footnote disclosures for the annual financial statements.
- Responsible for the monthly accounting of significant and more complex accounting areas, as required.
- Key contact for internal/external auditors. This also includes the preparation of various audit support documents.
- Manages the Senior Analyst – External Reporting.
- Leads and participates in various Finance continuous improvement initiatives and projects; working either independently, cross-functionally, or within the broader Finance function.
- Contributes to and completes special projects, as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 6-10 years of combined experience in public accounting and public/private company Corporate accounting responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, Masters in Accounting or MBA preferred.
- CPA required.
- Experience required in researching and documenting technical accounting matters and conclusions.
- SAP experience preferred; BPC or HFM experience desired; proficient in MS Office.