IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
We are actively recruiting for a SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE responsible for processing vendor payable invoices, payment processing, cash management, and various other accounting duties as assigned. The Senior Accounts Payable Associate must be able to effectively communicate with employees and maintain a positive working relationship when addressing problems and coming up with solutions.
Responsibilities of the SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices prior to payment including verifying coding to assure charging to the appropriate account, totaling the charges to verify the amount is correct and that authorization for payment is on the invoice, and verifying that payment has not previously been made.
- Monitor status of statement billings to ensure timely payment requests from Departments.
- Provide accurate data entry of all invoices into the computer to assure payment in a timely manner to avoid late charges and effect on time discount.
- Check all figures, postings, and documents to ensure that they are correct, mathematically accurate, and properly coded.
- Balance and reconcile all accounts payable disbursements each month and post to the general ledger. Prepare monthly reports and distribute as required.
- Maintain and secure records necessary for 1099 compliance.
- Record administrative and office expenses.
- Monitor and initiate approval process for new vendors and maintain and update the vendor file with changes in addresses, phone numbers and tax identification numbers.
Requirements of the SENIOR ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ASSOCIATE
- Associates Degree in Business or Accounting required
- Experience with accounts payable entry and payment processing
- Experience with online banking portals
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, is required
- Familiarity with large ERP is a major plus
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.