IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
We are actively recruiting for a SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT for the maintenance of the standard cost system, manufacturing accounting and analysis, variance reporting, and accurate bill of materials in a completely integrated ERP environment.
Responsibilities of the SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT
- Manage day to day operations of the cost accounting function from management of current rates to monthly close and analysis
- Review and analyze cost accounting data, assist with cycle count/physical inventories and identify inventorial costs
- Develop accruals for lower of cost or market (LCM) and obsolescence reserves
- Coordinate with Procurement to ensure accuracy of pertinent information such as PO price, delivery dates, and quantity
- Coordinate with plant receiving function to ensure all inventory receipts are processed appropriately.
- Ensure inventory is reflected in proper locations and conducts searches to locate misclassified inventory.
- Validate proper classification of inventory as raw materials, work in process, and finish goods.
- Work with Finance and Supply Chain Finance to understand, develop and update BOM
Requirements of the SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- 6 - 12 years of accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge in inventory
- Manufacturing cost accounting experience a must
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.