Job Overview / Summary:
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial reporting and analyses on a monthly or other periodic basis to help support and drive the company’s individual distribution center and overall corporate profitability. The position has responsibility for overall reporting, budgeting and planning for several of the company’s distribution centers. The position will work on various financial planning and analysis tasks, including management reporting, strategic planning, budgeting, forecasting, financial modeling, and other analysis as needed
Monthly or other periodic duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepares and analyzes operational & performance metrics, financial reports, distribution center and regional reporting packages, including P&L schedules and graphs, detailed gross profit and operating expense schedules and variance analyses.
- Supports the preparation and consolidation of the annual budget and other financial forecasts.
- Supports preparation of various ad-hoc analyses schedules, as needed.
- Communicates with members in the corporate finance department, various members of individual distribution centers, and regional management throughout the year.
- Some supervisory responsibilities over shared resource (staff financial analyst).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from college or university with a degree in Accounting or Finance, or a Business degree with a background or minor in Accounting; or
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to analytically identify trends, relate disparate data, etc.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- ERP Software (SAP preferred)
- Business Intelligence (BI) Software
- Financial Reporting and Consolidations Software (e.g. Adaptive)
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at email@example.com.