Our client, located near Tampa, Florida is seeking an Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the management of all division accounting activities including the month end close process, general ledger reconciliations, accounts payable processing and financial statement review and analysis. The role will ensure compliance with Company policy and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Additionally, it will partner with the Director of Accounting in the design of financial analysis in a new ERP environment, and design and implement policies, procedures, and key internal controls. The role directly manages a team (5) of general ledger accountants and accounts payable professionals. Performs all functions of personnel management for department employees.
- Assists in the collection and analyses of financial data and assists in the preparation of monthly divisional financial statements.
- Assists with the month end close and financial statement generation process working with staff as well as collaborating with other functional departments.
- Assures timely reconciliation and accuracy of posted general ledger entries. Reviews and approves divisional entries made by direct reports and manages monthly, quarterly, and annual account reconciliations.
- Ensures the accuracy and timely submission of the divisional Trial Balances to Corporate as well as management reporting within the Transportation team of financial results and analysis and related financial statement or managerial reporting. Implements and monitors policies to ensure compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) financial reporting standards.
- Manages and maintains proper internal control over the Transportation ledgers and Company sub-ledgers including fixed assets, supplier allowances, accounts payable, cash management etc.
- Prioritizes workflow among department staff (both general ledger and accounts payable)
- Seeks ways to improve department efficiency via workflow management and process automation.
- Ensure the team takes all available payment discounts on vendor invoices.
- Ensure proper GL coding of invoices.
- Ensures that proper payment controls are maintained.
- Professionally manages relationships with vendors as well as Transportation Division category managers / procurement.
- Identifies the root cause of payment issues (EDI related, improper discounts, freight issues, etc.) and implements corrective actions.
- Coordinates AP funding requirements and ACH payments with Corporate Treasury.
- Manages annual 1099 distribution process.
- Supports external audit information requests (Deloitte and PNC).
- Assists with data gathering for income tax filings.
- Knowledge of freight carriers (UPS/LTL) a plus.
- Prepare and file multi-state sales and property tax returns.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Assist Business Development with customer pricing and maintaining pricing records in ERP.
- Trains, coaches and mentors associates. Ensures subordinates support related initiatives for their employees in accordance with Company policies.
- Participates in special projects.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP financial accounting.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Familiarity with ERP products – Company is an Infor CloudSuite Distribution software
- Strong MS Office Suite product knowledge, including Word, Excel, and Access.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Accounting preferred
- 5+ years of experience managing an accounting department preferred