Our client has an immediate need for a buyer to analyze and process authorized requisitions by establishing sources of supply and issuing financially binding purchase orders. The Buyer will be responsible for purchases in excess of $10 million annually. The Buyer will also negotiate requirements of complex materials, supplies or services at most favorable prices consistent with quality, quantity, suitability, delivery requirements and reliability of selected sources of supply.
- Implement sourcing strategies and supplier relationships to leverage purchases and customers’ requirements.
- Creates plans to achieve cost saving targets.
- Negotiate purchase contracts with selected suppliers and follows up on delivery and quality compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining proper inventory levels and part ordering policies in MRP software systems.
- Analyze and interpret MRP reports and take appropriate course of actions.
- Recommends and initiates new supply programs favorable in areas of Production, Inventory Control, and Quality improvement.
- Correspond with suppliers worldwide pertaining to bids, quotations, and other matters relative to purchasing and follow up.
- Manage suppliers to levels of delivery and quality performance required.
- Familiar with competitive worldwide market situations and material alternatives.
- Research to benchmark suppliers and processes.
- Assist Global Procurement team with data collection, outsourcing and communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field CPSM, Certification is a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of external and internal customers.
- Effective verbal/ written communication and presentation skills
For immediate consideration please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.