Our Winnipeg based manufacturer has an immediate opening for a contract Plant Finance Manager. In this role of Contract Plant Finance Manager, you will be responsible for all cost accounting activities. In this position you will work closely with sales, engineering and operations and senior leadership. You will also have exposure to working with their international manufacturing facilities.
The key responsibilities include the following;
- Complete monthly variance analysis and identify areas for improvement and communicate recommendations to business leaders.
- Identify cost savings opportunities in manufacturing processes by using financial data to work with engineering, operations and sales to increase efficiencies in the production process.
- Prepare annual manufacturing budget/quarterly forecasts
- Participate in month-end reporting activities to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Lead annual physical inventory count, complete valuations of WIP
- Support year-end and quarter-end reporting by analyzing information
To be considered for this role, our client is looking for someone with the following skills/qualifications;
- University degree, with specialization in Accounting or Finance. CPA designation is a nice to have
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing and finance, specifically in a costing accounting capacity
- Knowledge of standard costing methodology
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Capability to independently lead their function within the organization to achieve finance department goals and business results.
- Experience with US GAAP and SOX
If you are qualified for this Contract Plant Finance Manager position, please submit your resume in confidence to Michelle Campanaro at email@example.com.