Salary Mid-Point: $165,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Responsible for providing technical accounting (US GAAP and IFRS) guidance and advisory for transactions across the organization, including M&A, Treasury, Commercial contracts, Valuation, Impairment, Equity and Debt Securities, Lease Accounting, etc. Support global technical controller in developing and maintaining accounting policies for the company. Support the company on implementation of new and upcoming accounting standards. Support the global reporting function on preparation and review of SEC filings. Overseeing and directing the accounting function for a specific business unit within the organization or accounting function across the organization. Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies.
- Responsible for accuracy of the financial statements and management reports for specific business unit or function. Works in partnership with business and accounting management to meet accounting needs of the business.
- Directs and controls the teams’ general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy. Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated to team as well as the business.
- Reviews accounting results. Prepares management reports and presents results to Senior Management.
- Proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting policies/procedures. Drives and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes.
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting internal and external audits. Works with internal and external audit as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years experience in a technical accounting research or SEC reporting in public accounting with SEC clients or industry experience at a large global company
- In-depth knowledge in at least 2 US GAAP topic areas (for example, lease accounting, revenue recognition, consolidations, business combinations, goodwill impairment testing, equity method investment (EMI) accounting, stock compensation accounting, software capitalization, pension accounting)
- CPA required