Title: Email Marketing Specialist
Duration: July 2021 - December 2021
Location: Downtown Waterloo
IFG is on the search for an Email Marketing Automation Specialist to manage and develop dynamic email marketing campaigns targeted to advisors and consumers.
The Email Marketing Specialist will provide leadership and email best practice advice to key internal stakeholders and business partners. The Specialist is responsible for the continual evolution of our client’s industry leading B2B and B2C email and marketing automation initiatives and white label Sponsor communications.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing and executing consumer and advisor focused initiatives and this position entails the development of email templates as well as tactical execution of email deployment and automations.
Daily Responsibilities (approximate 80%)
- Lead the end-to-end execution of all email and marketing automation programs using industry best practice techniques
- Manage expectations of internal stakeholders and ensure timely execution of email and marketing automation initiatives
- Lead projects for both B2C and B2B segments
- Act as the business liaison with the Email Service Provider, understanding their technology offering and enabling business partners to fully leverage the platform
- Responsible for continuous process improvement strategies and developing efficiencies that will help manage expectations of clients
- Generate and implement test strategies, including A/B multi-variant testing
- Assist with training and support for email marketing efforts with internal stakeholders from across Canadian division
Additional Project Responsibilities (approximate 20%)
- Partner with business stakeholders to monitor the performance of email and marketing automation campaigns and create aggregate scorecards to measure the effectiveness
- Provide insights to internal team members when major transitions occur in email service provider platforms, including potential impact assessment for our client’s executions
- Use third party tools to measure inbox effectiveness, monitoring deliverability beyond server level (hard and soft bounces) to ensure messages are reaching the inbox
- Engage in non-technical dialogue with third party ESPs and smaller ISPs
- 3 -5 years’ experience as an email marketing specialist / developer/ coordinator, working in large scale Marketing Automation platforms (Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SAS MA, Eloqua etc.)
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communication, Computer Science or at least five years of related work experience
- Knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, and list growth
- Ability to negotiate, mediate, solve problems and influence partners and team members
- Strong communication skills across disciplines and the ability to effectively articulate digital marketing principles based on industry best practice guidelines, personal experience and research findings
- Ability to define and execute best practices for digital marketing throughout the customer journey
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task while managing expectations of numerous stakeholders
- Ideal candidate would have experience marketing in both B2B and B2C environments and understand the tactical differences between marketing to each type of audience
For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Email Marketing Specialist" in the subject line.
Other opportunities can be viewed at www.ifg-global.com