We are actively recruiting for a FUND ACCOUNTANT responsible for ensuring that model accounts and collective funds are properly reconciled and valued daily in a timely fashion. In addition to fund accounting, this role is responsible for triaging any after-hours trade questions or issues raised by institutional clients.
Responsibilities of the Fund Accountant
- Monitor cash and investment reconciliation reports to ensure all accounts are properly valued daily.
- Monitoring price reports to ensure all securities are prices and valued.
- Perform daily unit value reconciliations through system reports and spreadsheets.
- Daily monitoring of internal systems to ensure all trades are being routed and executed properly.
- Provide after-hours trade support to our client base and escalating issues to on-call tech resources or upper management as needed.
Required Skills of the Fund Accountant
- Bachelor’s degree required in finance or accounting
- Three+ years working for a financial services company
- Familiarity with mutual funds and/or mutual fund accounting
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently while preserving accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.