Salary Mid-Point: $160,000
Location: Chicago IL
Job Type: Permanent
Responsible for directing and managing three accounting teams including the inventory and rebate accounting. There will be both direct reports that sit within the corporate office and also offshore resources. Responsible for adhering to GAAP, company policies and procedures, and partnering with Business/ Finance on results. Responsible for guiding subordinate staff and offshore team on issues that may include coordination and preparation of accurate and complete month end close responsibilities, internal controls and various other controllership initiatives.
- Directly leads and owns a designated functional area of Accounting with meaningful size and/or supports a single business unit with meaningful size and financial contribution to the organization.
- Directs and controls the general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Establishes project teams, assigns responsibilities, and facilitates meetings to ensure timely goal attainment.
- Prepares management reports and participates in presenting monthly accounting results to senior management.
- Supports the development and implementation of accounting systems and controls; directs the documentation of accounting procedures; ensures implementation of requisite system changes to support the business units and new programs.
- Ensures compliance with accounting principles and adherence with company policy in the business units; implements new policies and changes based on the recommendation and research provided by the Corporate Accounting External Reporting and Research group.
- Plans, recommends and implements the annual expense and capital budgets.
- Works with the external public accountants in planning and executing the annual audit.
- Partners with other areas within Accounting to ensure the proper recording of business transactions.
- Leads Accounting Managers or other support staff as necessary for department operations. Builds employee engagement, morale and motivation. Teaches and trains business partners in all accounting matters to help raise accounting acumen within department.
- Actively participates in organization planning and development activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of experience in public accounting and/or large global company experience in finance, accounting, business management, or audit
- CPA required
- ERP experience required (i.e. SAP or Oracle)
- Advanced Excel
- 2+ years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expenses and capital budgets.
- 3+ years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state). May also include international travel.