IFG's premier Real Estate client is looking to build their team due to lots of acquisition activity. This role is based in Chicago but has a hybrid schedule with work from home flexibility 2 days a week. This is an excellent opportunity for growth in your career, previous real estate experience preferred.
This role independently researches, reviews and maintains client database and group administrative systems. This role provides analytical and administrative support to the department, identifies trends and exposures, communicates analysis results and action plans to senior staff.
Financial Reporting, Tax Analysis, and Research and Procedures:
- Performs analytical projects for the Property Tax Department including value, expense, and tax function processes
- Assists with tax bills and appeal administration
- Assists in personal property compliance administration
- Verifies all mandatory forms are filed accurately and timely by outsourcing service provider
- Assists with maintenance and creation of department performance reports
- Assists in assessment and financial information data entry; works with senior staff to ensure records are complete
- Requests and tracks all financial statements, rent rolls, etc.
- Reviews and coordinates financial reporting and data integration requirements
- Performs research projects on the following but not limited to title policy review, jurisdiction tax policies, property re-parceling, and escalation research
- Provides materials to third-party service providers
Annual Budget Process:
- Maintains annual budget project plan at direction of senior staff
- Assists with the creation and review of property tax budgets
- Assists with estimating annual consultant expenses for property budgets
- Assists with production and distribution of the final Budget Reporting package
Department Administrative Functions:
- Assists in creating and updating records, etc. to reflect changes to portfolio (acquisitions and dispositions)
- Provides analysis and confirms record accuracy utilizing due diligence reports, closing materials, and other resources
- Ensures proper acquisition and disposition procedures are met
- Assists with review of tax bills and invoice processing and ensures that all tax bills are accounted for and processed timely
- Responsible for special handling or payment applications are addressed.
- Assists with refund and consultant invoice management.
- Provides year-end and ad-hoc reports to consultants and reformats reports as required by local jurisdictions
- Assists in the maintenance of all computer and file systems including, but not limited to, the input of new client property and assessment records
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 3 years of property tax experience
- Extensive knowledge in Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Work independently, in a group environment, multi-task, detail orientated, and have strong organizational
- Knowledge of Alteryx (Preferred)
- Familiarity with real estate operations, legal documents, and due diligence process associated with the acquisition and sale of properties (Preferred)