Title: Support Specialist - Live Operations
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Duration: 18 month contract
Working hours - 9-6PM PST core hours but must be available weekends
Our client is seeking a passionate and driven individual to join their Live Operations team and provide specialized support for their experiences. This role will support the Online Team in maintaining the day to day operational health of their applications and infrastructure for the delivery of their online experience to end users. In the event of an operational issue, the Support Specialist will be responsible for responding to and performing initial incident investigation in a timely fashion. This will involve working in tandem with both internal and external groups to see issues to resolution.
Typical Day in the Role
- Capture and entry of operational issues in the Ops Issue Management System
- Communicate with partners on issue investigation status and incident resolution
- Use various tools to perform incident investigation and to help determine root cause
- Communicate findings to Online Team and update information in the Issue Management System
- Document commonly encountered issues and their resolutions
- Review error reports and investigate cause for most common errors for each application
- Help facilitate the scheduling, review, and deployment of application updates
- Maintain operational equipment and monitoring infrastructure to ensure all systems are operational and ready for troubleshooting.
- Identify opportunities to streamline operations, optimize support efforts, and improve incident handling processes
- 1 year of working in a service desk environment ideally supporting a client or web application
- Ability to write detailed and accurate descriptions of complex issues, reproduction steps, and resolutions
- Familiarity with investigative tools such as Azure Data Explorer, Splunk, Elastic Search, Fiddler, and Wireshark. Ideally experience with Azure Data Explorer.
- Capable of constructing data queries and performing data analysis is essential.
- Experience working with complex enterprise systems, networks, and services
- Experience with various programming, query, and scripting languages would be an asset. Ideally experience with KQL..
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays on a regular basis
- In terms of schedule, it is shift work, so if someone is working Saturdays, it is every Saturday (if that makes sense). We have (generally) 3 people covering 7 days a week 7am-7pm (as an example) of active monitoring. Then after hours there will be on-call requirements where the Ops member would be alerted of an issue and they would have to go online to investigate issues and act accordingly
- Games experience a strong plus.
For consideration please email your resume to Gamingtalent@ifgpr.com with "Support Specialist" in the subject line.
Other opportunities can be viewed at www.ifg-global.com