IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner.
Responsibilities of the ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Reconcile vendor invoices with purchase orders and receipts – 3-way match
- Process vendor invoices to ensure that they are paid in a timely manner in accordance with agreed upon terms
- Provide assistance with month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing by performing general account reconciliations and inputting of journal entries
- Manage Fixed Assets
- Prepare audit work papers
- Prepare property, sales and use tax and franchise tax returns
- Interface with management in various departments, including engineering, sales operations and IT
- Assist and support in special projects as assigned.
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
Requirements of the ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
- Bachelor Degree is required
- 5+ years’ experience working in medium to large company’s Accounts Payable Department
- Experience in executing internal controls surrounding all aspects of cash disbursement cycles
- Previous experience issuing annual 1099’s
- Experience managing all aspects of invoice processing cycles
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.