IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship call your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting an ACCOUNTANT responsible for supporting the Controller in all accounting related activities, helping to ensure timely, accurate recording of all financial transactions in accordance with organizational policy, IRS and other regulations.
Responsibilities of the Accountant
- Maintain general ledger by reviewing financial transactions to ensure accurate posting, proposing and posting journal entries as appropriate.
- Participate in month-end close process and prepare month-end trial balance and other financial reports.
- Prepare detailed reconciliations of general ledger, cash and bank accounts, including ad-hoc reconciliations of actual transactions against budget and other benchmarks.
- Prepare and file sales & use, business privilege, personal property and other local tax returns.
- Participate in annual financial statement and other special purpose audits.
- Work closely with leadership to enhance efficiency through process change and technological upgrades.
- Back-up accounts receivable transaction processing as needed.
Requirements of the Accountant
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- Must demonstrate ability to compile and review basic financial statements from trial balance
- Seven plus years of professional services experience serving in an accounting capacity
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and execute multiple, simultaneous responsibilities and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail with advanced oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Technologically savvy, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other analysis tools
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.