Our client, a major Canadian bank, currently has an opening for a P&L Analyst within their Capital Markets group to work on a trading platform replacement project.
In this role, the P&L Analyst will provide project support to the Capital Markets team by ensuring data is flowing correctly for the P&L process for balance sheets,daily valuation, attribution and P&L reconciliations. You will liaise with various areas of the bank’s operating units.
Main responsibilities include the following;
- Perform balance sheet review of accounts ensuring proper data flow for new and out systems
- Coordinate and report to senior management all product control activities related to the project
- Perform reconciliations of pending trade activity to various sub ledger systems under both the new and old system
- Perform P&L attribution ensuring data is flowing correctly for the new system
To be considered for this role, our client is looking for someone with the following skills/qualifications;
- Bachelor degree, preference for candidates working towards CFA
- 2+ years within Capital Markets
- Solid understanding of derivatives and accounting
- An independent worker with strong analytical and problem solving skills, who can be effective under pressure
- Good Excel skills including VLOOKUPS and pivot tables
If you are qualified and interested in this position please send your updated resume in MS Word format to Christina Brady at Christina@ifgpr.com today!
Other opportunities can be viewed at www.ifg-global.com.