We are actively recruiting for a part-time CONTROLLER with strong analytical capabilities and excellent people skills to join our team managing the financial operations. The position will report directly to the Owner and provide financial and accounting oversight, perform payroll, and provide management and financial reporting.
Responsibilities of the Controller
- Participate in strategic and tactical discussions at the leadership level, in order to make the best possible business decisions.
- Manages accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, procurement and general ledger accounting.
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and efficient accounting on a monthly basis to close the books.
- Responsible for the accuracy of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Creation and preparation of the monthly financial reporting package.
- Assist Owner with annual operating plan (budgeting and forecasting).
- Develops, analyzes and implements internal controls and process improvements.
- Responsible for local, state and federal tax compliance and reporting (including payroll, property and sales and use tax compliance and reporting.)
Requirements of the Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA highly preferred
- 10+ years of broad financial management experience
- Prior experience performing technical accounting functions
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Extensive experience with accounting software and Excel and QuickBooks
- Superior analytical skills, strong people skills and team player
- High integrity