IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
We are actively recruiting for a MANAGER, TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING responsible for critical processes, systems, people and policies. This role will be the primary person to address technical accounting issues, process, policy implementation, financial audit direction, and ensuring an internal control environment is adhered to.
Responsibilities of the MANAGER, TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING
- Manage internal financial and accounting controls (SOX) and policy environments, including design, updating/modifications, implementation, and review, to ensure full compliance with US GAAP and parent-company policies.
- Ensures internal controls are sufficiently documented and communicated throughout the Company.
- Lead internal efforts to support various external financial, internal financial, state/federal regulatory, and other financial and systems audits.
- Stay abreast of emerging accounting literature, GAAP updates and related guidance, and serve as a critical advisor to financial and business leadership on complex accounting and finance matters.
- Responsible for ensuring that financial workflows and processes are appropriately designed, documented and implemented.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statement packages.
- Perform routine analytics and procedures as required by technical literature.
Qualifications of the MANAGER, TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Active CPA license and prior public accounting experience required
- 7+ years’ relevant experience
- Strong understanding of internal controls including direct experience with large-public companies
- Ability to manage multiple projects and financial responsibilities to meet goals and objectives
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Extreme attention to detail
- Highly effective communication skills including ability to present complex topics to executive level audiences
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.