IFG's client, located in the NW Suburbs, is seeking a Senior Accountant, or Manager, Financial Reporting.
The Finance Department is a fast-paced environment supporting global operations of a public company. The ideal candidate should be a proactive self-starter with an ability to solve tough and one-off issues, and eye for detail and understands the importance of deadlines. The Finance team comprises GL accountants, Business Controls, Tax, FP&A, Treasury management, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable located in three countries. The position will report to the Director - Financial Reporting.
The role will be primarily responsible for supporting the timely, accurate and consistent preparation of financial statements and reports required by the company, its external auditors, the SEC, and other regulatory authorities. This individual will support the creation of the quarterly and annual financial statements, including footnotes, MD&A, and other relevant disclosures necessary for a publicly traded company and work closely with the company’s external auditors.
• Work with the Director, Financial Reporting to setup, prepare, and coordinate the quarterly/annual electronic production of SEC filing documents (Forms 10-Q, 10-K, etc.), including financial statements, financial statement footnotes, MD&A and XBRL
• Coordinate and lead the filing of all SEC documents within Active Disclosure
• Prepare related earnings release tables on Form 8-K and assist with investor relations reporting, ensuring consistency with SEC filings
• Participate in quarterly reviews and year-end audit supporting the Director of Financial Reporting and Corporate Controller
• Prepare and present consolidated monthly financial statements to Corporate Controller and bank for debt compliance
• Lead preparation of Monthly Information Package Reporting
• Provide support for quarterly board meetings including financial statement detail
• Support annual UK statutory audit and bank audit2
• Assess and help implement or update internal controls, standards, and efficiencies
• Maintain compliance with all internal control procedures surrounding financial reporting, including preparation of detailed documentation to support financial disclosures
• Collaborate with GL accounting and cross-functionality with other teams to develop, strengthen and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and internal controls over the financial reporting process
• Manage timely monthly account reconciliations for selected accounts and ensuring accounts are fully reconciled at month and quarter end
• Work with other departments and analyze provisions requiring level of judgement such as revenue recognition, freight; SIP, E&O; equity accounting
• Secondary support for revenue recognition analysis and monthly entries for revenue and COGS;
• Assists with research and documentation of changes on accounting rules and regulations, including FASB pronouncements and SEC rules and disclosure requirements
• Provide technical accounting support and draft whitepapers for new, critical or unusual accounting issues
• Special projects or other ad hoc requests as directed by the senior Finance team.
Knowledge/ Skill Requirement
• Bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting, with an active CA/CPA license/registration • 3-5+ years of experience in a mix of public or industry accounting experience, preferably with manufacturing company experience in a publicly traded company
• Multinational Company and/or international experience a plus
• Experience participating in the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors and preparing the annual and interim financial statements
• Must be hands-on and possess a strong analytical, logical, and data driven sense
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills • Experience with NetSuite, Equity Compensation systems and SEC Reporting tools (e.g., Active Disclosure) a plus
• Understanding of Accounting research tools such as KPMG ARO a plus
• High attention to detail, works accurately and quickly and has good organizational skills
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work well with others in obtaining information and performing key financial activities, specifically the finance, tax, treasury, FP&A and legal teams.
• Collaborative, results driven team player with the ability to influence others
• Ability to set and meet deadlines including ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time
• Strong technical accounting skills with demonstrated solid current and comprehensive understanding of US GAAP and IFRS, including recently issued accounting pronouncements
• Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control frameworks
• Understanding of SEC rules and regulations including practical SEC reporting experience preferred
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare concise and coherent financial narratives, and convey ideas on accounting issues
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org