IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply.
We are actively recruiting for a PAYROLL SPECIALIST who will be responsible for timely and accurate processing, management, and delivery of payroll and related client services, including recordkeeping and reporting, and administration of certain employee benefits. The Payroll Specialist manages the activities associated with a bi-weekly and monthly payroll that is processed within a centralized internal payroll department.
Responsibilities of the PAYROLL SPECIALIST
- Responsible for processing US and international payrolls.
- Oversee time and attendance system and maintain accurate data within HRIS system retaining proper records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Perform file imports into payroll system from various sources and review and verify payroll data.
- Process forms and documents for unemployment notices, tax withholding and child support orders and other required garnishments.
- Prepare and distribute biweekly and monthly payroll reports to department leaders, finance, and human resources as appropriate.
- Prepare journal entries for company payroll and support month end close with required payroll reports.
- Electronically release timesheets, expenses, and vendor invoices for payment to third party temporary employees.
- Collect and process new hire documentation and support employee inquiries and issue resolution.
- Oversee and administer the Corporate Credit Card Program by assisting and resolving employee issues and set up of employees in the Concur Expenses Management system.
Qualifications of the PAYROLL SPECIALIST
- Bachelor Degree is preferred but not required
- 3+ years of Payroll experience required
- General knowledge of payroll principles, multi-state payroll and employment guidelines and income tax laws.
- Experience utilizing ADP suite of products is required
- Excellent organization and time management skills
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.