Company Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) – Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago
- Note 1: Remote working 100% at least through 9/1/21
- Note 2: Remote working (work-from-home) several days per week indefinitely
Location: Northbrook (near north Chicago suburbs) – Commutable by Metra train from downtown Chicago
Job Title: Senior Manager Finance - Strategy
Industry: Service Industry
Compensation (target): Market
The Senior Manager Finance - Strategy, will be a strategic-minded finance professional who will partner with the VP Strategy and VP Business Transformation tasked with defining and executing the long term growth strategy for a $2B business unit.
- Focusing on growth, operational efficiency and value, the senior manager will have global responsibility for all financial analysis and performance of Company strategy.
- Provide strong business support with a focus on helping to provide high client-value recommendations on operational efficiencies and improvement and provide decision support via good business and analytical acumen.
- Working alongside the leader for the area of responsibility and leadership team, reporting to the finance leader for the area of responsibility, the senior manager will demonstrate exceptional hands-on leadership capabilities and will be commercially aware, advising on the best path for growth and transformation.
- Managing and leading a team through challenging responsibilities including MD&A, budgeting, projections, and capital investment governance and analysis, the senior manager will have excellent communication skills with all levels of staff and will work with various departments to help them plan and manage their own budgets and improve their financial outcomes.
- There will be periods of change and growth and the senior manager will have a critical role in coordinating with Corporate and other Finance Leads and managing within company policies regarding capital investments, resource allocations, inorganic growth, post investment evaluations and special projects including system implementations and process improvement.
- For the right candidate, this is a very exciting opportunity as the company is currently executing on a new strategy and transformation plan covering operational, technology and commercial excellence as well as implementing a global culture.
General Technical Outline:
- Ability to collaborate at all levels of the enterprise, and provide to leadership the decision support to optimize financial performance.
- Work with leadership to grow the business, formulating plans that accomplish their strategic goals, including supporting the development of robust projection systems, order visibility, resource allocations, sourcing decisions and business KPI’s and indicators
- Lead the development of financial metrics to guide the implementation of the strategy across all areas. Challenging assumptions as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers. Help identify areas for potential cost savings or improved efficiency/effectiveness
- Support service delivery for the area of responsibility in developing & maintaining a consistent and transparency cost allocation methodology for allocation costs to the Customer to drive the right enterprise behavior
- Evaluates the financial impact of business opportunities in a thorough and concise manner, which may include projected return on investment / payback periods for proposed capital expenditures or other investments. Compiles and prepares reports, graphs and charts of data developed. Leads review and approval of capital expenditures.
- Hands-on position, while being a key partner in the integration and transformation efforts
- Present analyses and findings to BU and Area of Responsibility leadership.
- Establish a high level of credibility and strong working relationships with internal and external parties including leadership and clients.
- Supports M&A analyses of potential growth opportunities and assist with the integration of acquisitions as needed.
- Responsible for developing annual budgets, projections and Annual Business/Revenue Summit.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Leadership Team to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and profitable business performance.
- Works across functions and regions on shared objectives to meet profitable growth including efficient resource allocation.
- Working with Corporate, shared service accounting and other units for all Area of Responsibility related matters.
- Working with GM and Finance Leader on Long-Range Planning, Financial Planning & Analysis, Compliance with Corporate Accounting and Internal Controls, and other related financial activities.
- Assist in the development of new or expanded services.
- Lead and develop finance team members, and Coaching/Training/Developing division staff on Business Acumen/P&L Management.
- Performs other duties as directed.
Education and Work Experience:
- Advanced University Degree in finance, accounting or equivalent
- Professional qualification such as CPA, CMA or CA.
- At least 8 years+ of finance experience in a large international multi-currency company, of which minimum 3 years in a leadership position, preferably having managed a finance / administrative group either as a senior finance manager, finance director or controller.
- Hands on experience evaluating early stage M&A opportunities, typical of investment bank or private equity.
- Experience using various valuation and modeling techniques to determine base and synergy business cases.
- Strong grasp of investment analytics: Return on Invested Capital, Discounted Cash Flow, Payback Analysis, Net Present Value, etc.
- Superior quantitative and analytical capabilities with Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong financial systems capabilities for e.g. HFM, CMR, SAP or similar
- Ability to combine quantitative & qualitative analysis; to think critically, listen reflectively, consider many points of view on a topic, recognize connections & disparate actions, to guide leaderships decision making process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including ability to recognize best mode(s) for communicating based on the audience and the situation), negotiation and interpersonal skills; distinctive ability to interact with all levels of management, clients and suppliers; communicate effectively with a global team with experience in a dynamic international environment and good proficiency in English.
- Strong technical skills in finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control, including standard costing, cost allocations, variance analysis and service / product line profitability. Preferably in complex matrix organizations.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting, financial planning, reporting and analysis, acquired through related work experience in increasingly complex roles.
- Excellent financial modeling skills, good technical accounting and financial reporting skills and knowledge.
- Sets high standards and achieves superior results aligned with Company’s mission, financial and operational goals.
- Adapts to changing circumstances, accepts new ideas and change initiatives, and deals effectively with ambiguity.
- Comfortable with major business projects and system initiatives
- Experience with M&A and integrations a plus.
- Knowledge about software business a plus.
- Background in supporting cultural change and supporting the integration of acquired companies highly preferred.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format to Cameron Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.