IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
We are actively recruiting for a CONTROLLER with strong analytical capabilities and excellent people skills to join our team managing the financial operations. The position will report directly to the CFO and work closely with the parent company accounting team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and passionate individual who is looking to join a growing company.
Responsibilities of the Controller
- Membership in the Leadership Team participating in strategic and tactical discussions at the leadership level, in order to make the best possible business decisions.
- Manages accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, procurement and general ledger accounting.
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements and consolidated statements for all entities.
- Responsible for timely, accurate and efficient accounting on a monthly basis to close the books.
- Responsible for the accuracy of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Creation and preparation of the monthly financial reporting package.
- Assist CFO with annual operating plan (budgeting and forecasting).
- Develops, analyzes and implements internal controls and process improvements.
- Responsible for the annual audit process as coordinated with external CPA firm.
- Creates new policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting team.
- Responsible for local, state and federal tax compliance and reporting (including payroll, property and sales and use tax compliance and reporting.)
- Manages vendor relationships in conjunction with Accounts Payable personnel.
- Establishes and implements short and long-range accounting department goals, policies and procedures.
- Perform tactical and strategic financial and operational analysis to analyze various aspects of business performance and provide recommendations to further company-wide growth and success.
Requirements of the Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA highly preferred
- Big 4 public accounting experience required
- 10+ years of broad financial management experience
- Prior experience performing technical accounting functions
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Extensive experience with accounting software and Excel, QuickBooks and Microsoft Great Plains.
- Superior analytical skills, strong people skills and team player
- High integrity
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.