IFG's multi-billion dollar, publicly traded client is looking for another great addition to their SAAS industry organization.
The Manager of Accounting will interpret and apply accounting concepts and policies for revenue. They will also ensure internal control compliance, provide training and guidance, help to identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives, lead meetings, and reviews the work of others within the accounting team. The Manager of Accounting will partner cross-functionally to ensure a timely close with a high degree of accuracy and integrity in the company’s books and records.
- Manage the revenue accounting activities (ASC 606) within the department which includes executing month-end close activities for revenue, applying accounting policies and concepts and executing internal control activities
- Partner with the cross-functional stakeholders, including corporate accounting, consolidations, financial systems, IT and FP&A, to support month-end close and quarterly reporting requirements
- Conduct analysis of general ledger activity and accounting processes and performs data analysis to understand business trends and drivers impacting revenue recognition
- Manage accounting team members to facilitate prioritization of work load, on the job training, and the free exchange of ideas
- Proactively initiate business process improvements and supports business development initiatives to ensure revenue accounting is executed properly
- Partner with third party vendors in a similar manner to IT and performs testing of accounting outcomes for cloud-software upgrades and enhancements
- Perform ad hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related field.
- CPA strongly preferred
- 6 years of accounting experience
- Supervision experience required
- Experience with technical accounting concepts under US GAAP and help ensure appropriate application of accounting decisions (ASC 606 experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and internal controls
For immediate consideration please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org