Title: Environment OS Artist
Contract: 18 months
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Environment Artist with experience in modeling, sculpting and texturing a wide range of environments, and working with outsourced artists, to support a client in Vancouver; a global IT giant in their gaming department.
In this position, you will be expected to help deliver high quality assets for the gaming franchise.
- Contribute to the Environment Art team during all phases of production.
- Creation of 3d assets and textures.
- Fixing bugs and polishing in-game assets.
- Actively accept feedback from the environment art lead and art director.
- Ability to work well under deadlines; self-motivated and works well in collaborative environment.
- Promptly review work submitted by External Partners, ensuring that it hits the quality standards set by our Art and Technical Directors and Leads.
- Work with the External Partners to ensure that the work assigned to them is completed on time, on budget, and to the expected quality bar.
- Ensure that our External Partners have the materials and documentation required to complete their work to the expected quality.
- Train External Partners and internal stakeholders on pipelines and processes used in External Development.
- Being proactive in recognizing and resolving blockers relating to External Partner issues.
- Ensure that tasks assigned to our external Partners in project management tools are up-to-date and are populated with the required information.
- Maintain regular communication and healthy relationships with External Partners. This may include being available outside of normal working hours to cover different time zones.
- Assist where required in Due Diligence and Onboarding of new External Partners, as well as Offboarding partners from our projects.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in video games, film/television or equivalent. Must also have 1-3+ years’ experience in working with external teams.
- Good awareness for real time graphics issues.
- Ability to model, sculpt and texture a wide range of environments.
- Strong understanding of the high poly to low poly workflow.
- Strong experience with Maya or other 3D software packages, Z-Brush and Photoshop.
- Unreal, Frostbite or Unity experience a strong asset.
- Familiarity with managing projects using project management tools (I.e. Jira, Confluence, Excel, etc.)
- Must work well with deadlines.
- This role may require domestic or international travel 3-4 times per year typically for 1-week durations per trip. Applicant must be willing to travel (after the pandemic is over).