My Chicago-based client is adding to their fastest-growing team! Perfect opportunity to achieve more work-life balance with competitive compensation and benefits – with ongoing work from home flexibility, summer hours, collaborative team, and engaging work.
Backed by one of the most renowned real estate firms, this organization prides itself on a startup-feel with the support of the industry’s best technology and tools. Be a business partner supporting teams internally and externally with lots of career and company growth.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly account analysis and roll-forwards of selected general ledger accounts to ensure accounts properly reflect the company’s financial position
- Review ledger detail, record adjusting journal entries, and prepare supporting schedules for GAAP-based financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of property financial statements and work papers monthly.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements, including footnote disclosures, and supporting schedules.
- Assist in the monthly/quarterly reporting to lenders, joint venture partners and portfolio companies.
- Coordinate with the treasury team to ensure that all financing transactions are properly and timely accounted for.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for portfolio companies and stand-alone investments.
- Review property-level financial results, mostly prepared by third-parties, to ensure results properly reflect the company’s financial position and are in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and journal entries as needed.
- Assess and react to changing business conditions, in terms of their impact to the supported organization.
- Ensure team’s processes and procedures support the department’s goals according to guidelines and policies.
- On-board and account for acquisitions, dispositions, and other similar transactions.
- Lead initiatives to ensure smooth business partner experience across the team.
- Become day-to-day go-to person for business partners.
- Respond to business partner inquiries and commit to deadlines
- Partner with other team members to identify and drive external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Assist with project initiatives as-needed.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Finance, Accounting or closely related field
- Minimum 1 year of experience in general accounting and/or financial analysis
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of accounting software and databases (e.g. Workday, ARGUS)
- General understanding of financial models, corporate financials and regulatory market
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- CPA certification