My Chicago-based client is adding to their fastest-growing team! Perfect opportunity to achieve more work-life balance with competitive compensation and benefits – ongoing work from home flexibility, summer hours, collaborative team, and engaging work.
Backed by one of the most renowned real estate firms, this organization prides itself on a startup-feel with the support of the industry’s best technology and tools. Be a business partner supporting teams internally and externally with lots of career and company growth.
What you’ll do:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities, including reconciliations, account analysis, and review of financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and resolve accounting related issues.
- Perform monthly/quarterly account analysis and roll-forwards of selected general ledger accounts to ensure accounts properly reflect the company’s financial position in accordance with company policy and GAAP.
- Review ledger detail, record adjusting journal entries, and prepare supporting schedules for GAAP-based financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements, including footnote disclosures, and supporting schedules.
- Respond to audit inquiries from accounting firms.
- Coordinate with the treasury team to ensure that all financing transactions are properly and timely accounted for.
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts for investments.
- Assist in the accounting due diligence review of potential portfolio acquisitions and dispositions.
- Train and supervise accounting staff and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes, controls, and documentation.
The team is responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reporting the financial and operating results of a portfolio of assets, responsibilities will include preparation of the following: consolidated GAAP financial statements, cash flow forecasts, monthly and quarterly reporting packages, supporting reconciliations and schedules, variance analysis, and annual audited financial statements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of accounting and/or audit experience
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, accounting software and databases
- Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary
- Ability to multi-task and manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- CPA certification
- Public accounting experience
- Real estate knowledge
Send your resume to Karendejong@ifgpr.com for immediate consideration