IFG's client is building out their tax team due to growth. The company is recession proof, offers a great culture, and is environmentally friendly. The Senior Tax Accountant is responsible for preparing the USA federal and state income tax returns, franchise tax filings and tax provision calculations.
The responsibilities will oversee the core operating function of the organization and also the real estate property investment and investment entities in USA and Canada.
The Senior Tax Accountant will work with the Tax Manager to prepare international tax filings (5472, 5471) and withholding tax filings (1042, W8) and other tax return schedules and supports. The Senior Tax Accountant will also have oversight of monthly and annual tax provision calculations and income tax reconciliations. The Senior Tax Accountant will research and monitor Government incentives, grants and rebates and communicate potential opportunities to stakeholdersResponsibilities
- Preparation of USA and Canada income tax returns including Federal, State and Country/City income tax returns for operating companies and investment companies
- Preparation of monthly income tax provision calculations and monthly reconciliations of income tax accounts for management books
- Assistance with tax audits and reviews by Government Authorities
- Undertaking tax research to provide technically accurate income tax advice to the business
- Monitoring Government incentives, grants and rebates and communicating any opportunities to the appropriate stakeholders
- Contributing to tax planning projects and strategy development in consultation with the Tax Manager.
- Bachelor Accounting or Business
- CPA Preferred
- 3+ years experience in a public accounting tax group or in a similar tax role in industry
- Knowledge of USA tax laws and accounting
Please email your resume in Word to firstname.lastname@example.org