IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner. Additional opportunities can be viewed at www.IFG-Global.com.
We are actively recruiting for a SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT responsible for inventory reserve analyses and reconciliations, auditing Work in Progress (WIP), reviewing inventory related transactions and investigating variances, reviewing credit memos ensuring inventory is transacted properly, monthly reporting of gross margin by product group and coordinating cost rollup.
Responsibilities of the SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT
- Assist with preparation and analysis of monthly and quarterly reports which summarize and forecast business activity and financial position in areas of income, variances, expenses, product costs, and earnings.
- Maintain the companies cost accounting system, documentation and records.
- Prepare daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual entries to record activities of the company to include physical inventory and fixed assets.
- Prepare and review cost related account reconciliations.
- Assist in the annual budget & monthly forecasts.
- Support and act as backup for other departmental functions including but not limited to cash management, payroll, financial analysis, budget analysis, regulatory reporting, coordinating and managing monthly closing activities.
Requirements of the SENIOR COST ACCOUNTANT
- B.S. Degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
- 4 - 10 years' related experience
- Advanced Excel required
- Familiarity with Navision (Microsoft Dynamics) and HFM a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving, including data analysis and validation
- Ability to work independently under pressure and strict deadlines
- Ability to work extended hours during month-end, quarter-end and year-end for closing purposes
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.