Our client, is an incredibly profitable and rapidly expanding corporation, has a need for a Senior Indirect Tax Specialist. If you have prior indirect tax experience and want to take you career to the next level, we need to hear from you!
The main job responsibilities for this Senior Indirect Tax Specialist include the following:
- Prepare and file corporate GST/HST, PST, QST, and fuel and carbon tax returns within the time frames specified by jurisdictions across Canada
- Prepare the reconciliation of tax accounts, investigate discrepancies, and make recommendations for account resolution
- Research and interpret an extensive list of separate tax programs including GST, HST, provincial sales taxes, provincial fuel taxes, carbon taxes, levies, funds, and their applicable exemption requirements as they relate to customers in the business
To be considered for this role, our client is looking for someone with the following skills/qualifications:
- 5+ years of indirect experience dealing with GST/HST, PST, QST (Fuel tax is an asset)
- Able to interpret changes to tax legislation and make changes as required
- Experience with JD Edwards, SAP, Oracle or another ERP system
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Great communication both written and verbal – dealing with tax authorities as well as business units across the country
If you are qualified and interested in discussing this engagement in more detail, please submit your updated resume in MS Word format to Michelle Campanaro CPA, CGA to email@example.com.
Other opportunities can be viewed at https://www.ifg-global.com.