Position Responsibilities Summary:
The Accounting Manager oversees various accounting functions including ledger, accounts receivable, revenue as well as associated analysis and reporting and is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting. Evaluates and makes improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies. Leads, directs, and holds the Billing Manager accountable.
- Responsible for managing accounting for Revenue, Account Receivable, Allowance, and related GL accounts for all entities.
- Provide analysis on monthly revenue and related balance sheet accounts to explain trends and variances.
- Participate in annual audits.
- Assist finance team in key deliverables such as board, compliance, and treasury reporting.
- Support and primary backup to Billing Manager, responsible for all one-time, and recurring invoicing and cash postings.
- Support and primary backup to Assistant Controller for monthly close related activities
- Perform periodic controls testing for revenue accuracy and completeness.
- Assist in development of SOPs and documentation of key processes.
- Participate in monthly financial review with departments and subsidiary entities.
- Participate in special projects working with Controller and CFO, as well as Finance and Operations team
- Advanced Excel and experience using Dynamics GP a plus
- 6+ years of experience in franchising or entities with national footprint preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA, or currently pursuing CPA
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customers, acts with customer in mind.
- Nimbleness, flexibility, agility, the ability to course-correct quickly, and quick thinking are essential to success in our entrepreneurial, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborative: a team player that brings out the best in others
- Personal integrity and authenticity; ethical
- Openness and honesty; not overly political
- Self-accountable for delivery
- Consistent follow-through on commitments
- A “functioning manager” willing to roll up his or her sleeves.
- Approachability at every level of the organization, with frequent cross-departmental collaboration
- Passion for what the organization is trying to do in terms of making an impact and making the world better.
- An attitude and inclination toward continuous improvement
The Billing manager must consistently demonstrate and foster the following core values behaviors during all interactions with franchisees, clients, employees, vendors, and other business partners. Core values are the key behaviors that determine our decision-making.
- Be Open and Honest: Approachable, Fun, Unflappable, Kind, Empathetic
- Serve with Passion: Help First, Confident Yet Humble, For the Greater Good, Make a Real Difference
- Do the Right Thing: Honest, Ethical, Tell the Truth
- Do What You Say: On Time, Finish What You Start, Accountable, Take Responsibility
- Make it Great: Continuous Improvement, Exceed Expectations, Bring Out the Best in Others, Detail Oriented