IFG, a specialized recruitment firm focused on Finance, Accounting, Audit and Tax roles, provides you a competitive advantage in securing your next opportunity with career coaching, assistance in drafting a more effective resume, and a guide to help you effectively prepare for interviews. If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please apply or if you have an established relationship connect with your IFG Partner.
We are actively recruiting for an ACCOUNTANT responsible for daily accounting support, performing account reconciliations, devising prepaid schedules and entering journal entries into the general ledger. The Accountant will also assist the Controller on various financial and accounting projects.
Responsibilities of the ACCOUNTANT
- Performs accounting functions involving the application of established accounting standards, principles, and practices.
- Maintains and reconciles ledgers provides analysis related to preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other management, operating and financial reports.
- Maintains chart of accounts and financial report groupings necessary to produce accurate financial statements.
- Responsible for timely processing and analysis of data to assist accounts payable invoice processing and ensure proper cost allocation.
- Assist Controller with annual budgeting and monthly forecasting.
- Complete quarterly sales and use tax reporting.
Requirements of the ACCOUNTANT
- B.S. Degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- 5 -10 years of experience in an accounting role with progressive responsibilities
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills to include ability to perform pivot tables, H lookups and V lookups
- Strong organizational skills and capability of handling multiple tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Advanced communication skills
IFG is an experienced, enthusiastic, and dedicated group of professionals working together to develop a customized strategy for you. Our strict focus on Finance, Accounting, Tax & Audit allows us to remain agile and deeply engaged. We place tremendous value on understanding the unique strengths and desires of the candidates we represent and the specific needs and requirements of our clients. We understand that our clients require qualified, experienced professionals for permanent/full-time opportunities, as well as to assist them with the successful execution of “just-in-time”, short term special projects and interim/transitional initiatives. We serve as trusted advisors, building lasting relationships with both the candidates we represent and our clients to ensure overall success; and have been recognized for our flexibility and ability to truly create a solution where everyone benefits.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and discuss in greater detail how we can be of assistance.
Currently, IFG is taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our applicants. Our initial screening process will be handled “virtually” with no in-person contact.