As part of the U.S Commercial Know Your Customer (KYC) team, the U.S. Commercial KYC Senior Analyst is responsible for supporting compliance by U.S. Commercial Bank lines of business under the U.S. Commercial Banking umbrella (including Treasury & Payment Solutions (TPS)) with required BSA/AML/KYC guidelines provided by the U.S. AML Office. This includes onboarding new clients, updating existing clients, and yearly reviews of existing clients. Working directly with U.S. Commercial Banking, TPS Sales, and the U.S. AML Office/ U.S. AML Office High Risk Unit, the Senior Analyst collects all required documents and data, assesses customer AML risk, and generates AML KYC Checklists. The Senior Analyst documents and records AML due diligence information gathered to ensure that mandated procedures have been followed, mitigate risk, and ensure all clients are in compliance.
• Respond to onboarding and/or update requests from Commercial Banking and TPS Sales teams.
• Gather required customer AML data and enter it into the AML book of record system (CMCIF) in order to either create a new or update an existing KYC Checklist.
• Review deal files, third party websites and system information to augment data, scanning and storing screenshots or documents as required.
• Adjudicate hits on any system name searches by consulting with internal OFAC Unit.
• Work with the U.S. AML Office High Risk Unit to assess and update high- risk ratings as needed.
• Work with Commercial Banking and TPS Sales teams to obtain RM and TPS review and approval of all AML data.
• Ensure Livelink folders are accurately maintained, scanning all current information including final KYC checklist, and all associated additional client documentation.
• Complete clients’ AML annual reviews which include review of all current client information on all available systems, drafting a revised KYC Checklist based on that information, and requesting the RM and TPS Sales representative to review and approve each draft. Upon approval of the draft, the Analyst scans the updated KYC Checklist and all associated additional client documentation into the appropriate Livelink folders.
• Respond to and provide day-to-day processing of all requests for an assigned market in order to provide the expected level of customer service and meet target dates.
• Advise lines of business regarding AML information and documentation requirements and ensure that no deals, loans or account openings move forward until required AML risk assessments and KYC Checklist have been completed.
• Serve as the main point of contact for status updates on AML processing from the assigned market.
• Recognize and escalate high-risk triggers to the appropriate area for review and decision.
• Accurately and thoroughly complete final KYC Checklist and electronic storage of all related supporting documentation such as Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) results, third party website information, and client identification documentation.
• Inform lines of business when a customer is prohibited based on information provided or gathered from other sources.
• Manage several requests simultaneously, prioritizing as needed in order to meet promised deadlines and client demand. Review the teams’ work for accuracy and completion and escalate findings to the appropriate Team Leader.
• Conduct peer quality assurance reviews which involve the scrutinizing of completed KYC Checklists and Annual Reviews for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in focal areas of finance, economics, or an accounting related field
· Relevant experience in professional risk management, compliance, accounting or auditing in banking or financial services
· AML and risk control subject matter expertise in the context of broader disciplines such as Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, Intelligence Operations and practical application
· Institutional knowledge of products and services as well as business unit policies and objectives
· Knowledge of AML Banking Compliance, including transaction monitoring and banking product risk
· Knowledge of corporate banking regulations and law
· Knowledge of AML gaps
· Knowledge of credit analysis, credit management or treasury management
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $35.00 - $39.00 per hour
Please send applications directly to :