Title: Technical Artist
Location: Downtown, Vancouver
Contract: 18 months
IFG is on the search for a highly interactive Technical Artist to support a trillion-dollar tech giant on their gaming studio franchise.
As a Technical Artist, you will be expected to work closely with the engineering, lighting, level art, and VFX teams to proactively remove blockers and assist with any performance related issues. The team is comprised of deep creative and technical expertise from our client’s industry’s top shooter and action titles, working cohesively to delight our fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
Why This Is Interesting
Opportunity to work on a well-known AAA franchise and the team itself has a lot of control over the project, design all of the non-core aspects of the games (outside of running and shooting) and lots of challenging technical pieces!
Typical Day as a Technical Artist
- Proactively work with other disciplines to identify pain points in workflow and help determine solutions for them
- Run-time performance – work with art teams to reduce content complexity, lighting cost, draw calls, etc. where appropriate, while maintaining visual quality
- Use pix to identify content performance concerns and communicate over-budget assets out to the respective teams
- Work with Level Art team to help identify and troubleshoot any performance issues in Environments
- Work with Technical Animation team to help identify and troubleshoot any animation related issues
- Work with character art team to help identify and troubleshoot character specific problems (Morph targets, materials/shaders, etc.)
- Educating, technical documenting, and communicating with external vendors
- Fix bugs in the game as they are reported
Years of Experience Required
- AAA gaming experience required
- Strong knowledge of Unreal 4 (UE4) or Unity experience
- Scripting/programming in python, C# and C++
- Strong knowledge of production pertaining to video games
- The ability to problem-solve, specifically test and debug technical issues
- Strong knowledge of shader creation and optimization
- Strong knowledge in 2D/3D art packages (Photoshop/Maya)
- Houdini/Substance Designer a plus
For consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Technical Artist”
IFG is an equal opportunity employer.